I have been cheating on my diet lately. I have mentioned earlier how I’ve tried to ignore desserts or any kinds of cakes and cupcakes. But I just cannot stop my desire and love of baking. So even though I promised not to eat those sweet foods, I’ve baked a muffins and satisfied myself.
My plan was to make a coconut macaroons but I do not have all the ingredients I needed, so instead of little sweet treats, I bake a muffins instead. Not just an ordinary muffins, but a coconut muffins. I added the desiccated coconut and condensed milk to the mixture to add a coconut flavor into it. This is my first time to bake this kind of muffins, and its actually tastes really good. You do not need to put any frosting as it is sweet already. I love the tastes of the coconut as I bite it. This would be my favorite muffin recipe from now on. You should try it too.
Easy Coconut Muffins
You will need:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup flour
2 cups desiccated coconut
2 large eggs
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Preheat oven to 350 F.
– Line muffin tin with paper liners.
– In a bowl, combine the flour and desiccated coconut together.
– Set aside.
– In another bowl, cream butter using a hand mixer on low speed. Add sugar and beat together until well blended.
– Add eggs one at a time while beating constantly.
– Add condensed milk and vanilla extract and continue to beat.
– Add the flour mixture and continue beating until well blended and fluffy.
– Scoop batter into paper lined muffin pans and bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
– Let it cool for few minutes before serving.